[aprssig] Local Traveler Repeater Freq Objects

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) farmer.aj at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 04:33:35 UTC 2007

On 1/30/07, William McKeehan <mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net> wrote:
> Putting it out as an object would indicate someone has an interest in letting
> you know about the repeater, so the information is more likly to be
> up-to-date.

I do not disagree.  It's a great idea.  We are already implementing it
in our area.

> I think usrepeaters.com is a great idea, but still missing something.

It has a great foundation, but it is lacking user input to keep the
repeater information up to date.  The same is true with getting APRS
repeater objects on the map and keeping them accurate.

Both are great ideas that need user input and support to work.

--
A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com