[OZAPRS] [aprssig] THD7AG and TCP/IP over radio

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Tue Jul 3 20:45:06 UTC 2007

Andrew Rich wrote:
> See what we have is a web based event scoring system.
> At the moment the back end just 'sniffs' on RF for a stream of characters
> from a remote site to put into the database.
> I am thinking that it is possible to serve / surf over packet but the
> payload vs that of simple one liners is far greater.
> Will play and get back
> Cheers
> Is there an "messaging only" aprs application around ?
> -

UI-Instant Messenger

(available here:

will operate either as a UIview plug-in,
or standalone connected directly to the Internet,
or standalone over-the-air via AGW packet engine with a a TNC or

As a plug-in to UIview, it is superior to the UIview built-in messaging
function, since it properly implements the decaying retry rate algorithm
for unacked APRS messages that UIview's own message function lacks.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   World Digipeater Map

JavAPRS Filter Port 14580 Guide

Symbols Set for UI-View,