[aprssig] Cables are in

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Jul 26 18:11:33 UTC 2007

They're finally here - I got a shipment of speaker mic cables in from
the factory yesterday, and I'm carrying a few new types.  All of the
cables are straight (uncoiled) black PVC, 60 cm (about 24 inches) long,
with pre-stripped and tinned leads.

I added the Motorola Jedi / EF Johnson type because I know CAP teams use
some of those, but the cables are usually obscenely expensive.  My price
is less than 1/2 the best price I've seen anywhere else.

For that matter, if you know of any better advertised prices on ANY of
these anywhere else on the web, let me know and I'll match the price if
I possibly can.  The cables aren't much of a money maker for me, at
least not directly - I just want to make sure it's easy for people to
use their radios for APRS.

The new stuff:

Kenwood right-angle

Yaesu VX-170/VX-120 with the funky threaded connector

Yaesu/Vertex Standard right-angle 4-conductor 3.5 mm

Motorola 2-prong

Motorola Jedi / EF Johnson