[aprssig] APRS digi from the digi point of view
wagnerj at proaxis.com
Thu Jun 14 18:16:45 CDT 2007
OK, lets say someone is writing an application that COULD have APRS
digi function. The question is what digi alias schemes should said
application be prepared to support:
(1) Simple name or call? Sure, all digis, APRS or not, need to do that
(2) RELAY and WIDE? I know that they are deprecated, but should they be
(3) WIDEn-N? Yes?
(4) What about TRACEn-N? If so, what are the rules used by TRACE digis?
What do they substitute where?
(5) Are there other NAMEn-N constructs in use? Do you allow an
arbitrary 5 char name?
(6) Other digi reference schemes?
More information about the aprssig