[aprssig] Open Source Parser

James Jefferson Jarvis jj at aprsworld.net
Thu Jun 21 17:52:34 UTC 2007

aprsworld.net's parser is available on sourceforge.net. Search for
aprsworld. It's written in C. It's designed to shoot the parsed data to
a MySQL database, PostGIS database, or flat files. It would be pretty
trivial to write another backend.

But nobody has a "validated" parser. APRS is too complex, too loosely
defined, and too poorly engineered to have anything better than a good

I always use Ian's perl aprsdec.pl program as my gold reference. Ian
edited the APRS spec years ago.