[aprssig] $45 GPS on Woot

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Thu Mar 1 17:17:18 UTC 2007

wyattfoard at comcast.net wrote:
> Just thought I'd pass along that today's Woot is Microsoft Streets and Trips 2006 which includes what appears to be a USB NMEA output GPS for $44.99.

The included GPS is the mediocre-performing Pharos iGPS-180
private-labeled by Microsoft.   It is by far the worst-performing of the
half-dozen GPS devices I own.  You are much better off with a Globalsat,
Deluo or Garmin GPS-18.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   TNC Test CD

JavAPRS Filter Port 14580 Guide