[aprssig] Re: All APRS Digipeaters In The World (Almost!) Mapped On UIview

Jan T. Pharo la2bba at jpharo.net
Fri Mar 2 06:23:33 UTC 2007

"Stephen H. Smith" <wa8lmf2 at aol.com>, Thu, 01 Mar 2007 16:00:23 -0800:

>> Nice map;
>> however, I am amazed which names the map developer have selected to
>> show. Except for Oslo, Bergen and Trondheim, the few place names which
>> are shown, are of places which are less than small, while nearby towns
>> remain unmentioned.
>I've noticed the same thing elsewhere in areas I am familiar with in
>Viet Nam and Mexico.

It could look as if they didn't have any knowledge of the countries at
all - a bad thing for a company selling maps. But, well, Precision
Mapping is no practical mapping tool outside north USA and Canada.

>Why are your headers coming back through the list as "RE: Spam"?   Is
>this a spam filter gone nuts??

It arrived here with Spam in the heading; I should have removed that
word when replying, though (but I must have forgotten that).

According to the headers in your original message when it arrived to
me, this one is the only one with a spam score higher than 0,0:

It's going through a couple of spam checks, but the "X-tis-spam" line
was almost at the bottom of the headers; probably a very early

73 de Jan, LA2BBA
Hvaler, Norway