[aprssig] APRS -- Chicago to Mackinac Island sailboat race

Bill Borgstrom bill_borgstrom at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 18:26:47 UTC 2007

  What you sent me is exactly what I'm looking for.  However, I couldn't download "validation.c"
  The following link appears to be dead.

  Please help me get a copy of validation.c
  Thanks for your help
  73 Bill N9TN

Steve Dimse <steve at dimse.com> wrote:
On Mar 26, 2007, at 6:10 PM, Bill Borgstrom wrote:
> My plan is to receive the Orbcomm emails with our boat position
> reports. Parse out lat. lon. speed. heading. date and time and
> form a raw packet. This I'm capable of doing this. I need help in
> how to send the raw packet to APRServe Network. I would
> appreciate any help you can give me.

Google is your friend.

The first part is the hard part, the rest is just connecting to the
APRS Internet System, here is info on the login string

If you don't have the validation number for your call, here is the code

Then just form an APRS packet and send it. The APRS protocol
specification is at

Steve K4HG

aprssig mailing list
aprssig at lists.tapr.org

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.