[aprssig] D710 / Tune

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sun Nov 4 23:22:53 UTC 2007

Bob Bruninga wrote:
>> how does the D710 respond to a repeater object
>> when the user hits the TUNE button when an
>> offset isn't entered in the repeater object ...
> It uses the standard offset.  It does not read the +/-.  Problem is, I never understood why, but kewnood's do not appear to use standard offsets on UHF, however.
This problem is not just limited to Kenwoods.  The UHF band on virtually
ALL current radios lack a stored band plan to determine automatically
whether to offset +5 MHz or -5MHz.   Even though all of the same radios
(or sister models in the case of monobanders) have the two-meter band
plan and offset table stored in firmware.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   World Digipeater Map

JavAPRS Filter Port 14580 Guide

Symbols Set for UI-View,