[aprssig] Voice Repeater NO-TONE

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 08:10:17 UTC 2007

Lots of good dialog.

Thoughts, summaries:

>  My vote ...something beginning with T, even if you use TCOR or T000.
>  I think the dataset looks better with all the repeaters lined up.

   I don't understand what this means "...data set...repeaters lined up..."
I thought the context for this is a mobile radio display convenience for
My thoughts were along the same lines:

Summary...  My preferred is listed first.

CTCSS:    Txyz

Carrier:  Tnil, T000, NoPL,  Carr, CSQL, CSql  (4 characters)
   NoPL looks the best to me...but then, I'm Ex-Motorola.  However, I
understand that it isn't like kleenex or asprin ... yet.
   The point about the Motorola ownership of "PL" is valid and could ruffle
some feathers.  I can't speak to how annoyed some upper level 'suit' might get
- arrogance comes easy to some.  All the Company Hams won't care.  Tnil avoids
the "PL" ownership issue.
   I agree, CTCSS is a pain (compared with PL), but it is the generic drug and
I use it in the more public forums just to be "PC".

DCS  (also called DPL - BTW didn't Motorola start/invent this?)
Dxyz     a no brainer.

1750     also seems obvious (and allows for any other 'future' tone freqs.)

Now, how about ... Whistle-up   musings:
Whis,   Whst  (lower case L looks like 1),   WstL

If there's a leading space, perhaps it can be used to advantage...

So 1750 is actually 1725 on the U.S. east coast, eh?   Bob really is marching
to the Tone of a different drummer.     (;-)  I didn't say that.  It was
someone that types like me.

73, Steve, K9DCI

Do You Yahoo!?