[aprssig] Predict

rick at eversoles.com rick at eversoles.com
Thu Nov 8 22:09:54 UTC 2007

> get one I can compile that
> way I will have a more up todate version.
> Anyone know of a good source on how to write perl or bash scripts?
> Jim WA9ARB

By now I see you have gotten some good "quick" answers.
What everyone failed to ask was are you a programmer?
This greatly affects what "good" is in reference to your
question about perl/bash.....

In general if you have a nominal programming background then
the O'Reilly series of books is really good.

Another good source is Prentice Hall.

If you do not program much then something from Sam's may be

Note: I have given you publisher names and not exact titles.

I still consider myself a programmer, even though I have not
written much code in the last 8 years.

I personally like O'Reilly series and I have about 15 of their books
on various languages. (I have used 30 languages in my career)

Rick "The Rhino" N6RNO