[aprssig] Dumb Terminal with USB?

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Mon Nov 12 20:29:47 UTC 2007

Jack Chomley wrote:
> Does anyone know of a dumb terminal with USB Port?  I have a an SCS
> DSP Tracker which works very well, however to make any parameter
> changes in the "field" I need to carry a laptop. Since my ICOM 703 HF,
> GPS and tracker  is all installed on an off-road motorcycle, carrying
> a laptop is errr...out of the question.
> I guess I could use an SCS PTC-IIex (which I have) but they consume
> more current and are physically larger, then I could use terminal with
> RS232 on it.
> 73s

Does anyone even make a dumb terminal with an LCD display??   Any
classic terminal would be far larger than a small laptop.  Probably the
thing to use would be a Palm device or Pocket PC with terminal software
on it.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   World Digipeater Map

JavAPRS Filter Port 14580 Guide