[aprssig] Digi and Voice coverages?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Nov 29 18:52:53 UTC 2007

> Consider adding an object to advertise the local
> voice repeater if the coverage of the digi is
> about the same as the voice repeater.

Keith, thanks for the plug on the repeater object...

But if I might phrase it slightly differently...  The way I
approach it is that, "for every digi's footprint, there can be
defined the best-voice-repeater-recommendation for that digi's

So in that case, the voice and digital area's don't have to
"match" necessarily, but for each digi, there should be one best

The reason I think this is a safe approach is that the coverage
area for a digi is always smaller than a similarly located voice
repeater (packets need 100% error free)...  SO it is easy to
make a 1-for-1 recommendation of a voice repeater for each digi,
than to make the reverse (a digi for each voice repeater)...

Something like that