[aprssig] D710 standalone control head!

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Oct 1 00:00:05 UTC 2007

> Interesting...  So, if the link between the
> control head and the radio itself used
> something like Yeasu's CAT or ICOM's CI-Bus,

I think maybe you missed some important facts in previous  posts about this stand alone display head:

1) it only connects to audio connections
2) it is not a control head (sorry I used that word once)
3) It comes with the mini-din cable for connecting to the audio and discriminator parts of the radio, not the serial port.  (Its too bad many manufacturers refer to this mini-din as a data interface when what they meant was it was an audio interface where you cold connect an external digital modem...

Hope that helps...