[aprssig] APRSd/Javaaprssrvr

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Tue Oct 16 14:28:03 UTC 2007

Is APRSd still under active development or has javaaprssrvr more or less
become the de-facto standard now? I've only used javaaprssrvr and it runs
great, but I'm just curious as to the history of APRSd, was javaaprssrvr
designed to replace flaws that it may have had for example? More efficient

Is there a feature comparison between the 2 published somewhere?

This is not meant to start a flamewar, just curious what the difference is
between both of them, if any.

Stephen Brown - ARS K1LNX
Johnson City, TN EM86uh
"I use FOSS daily to keep my boxen clean!!!"