[aprssig] Decimal money

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Thu Sep 6 15:58:10 UTC 2007

At 09:42 AM 9/6/2007, Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:
>PS Funny how we accept a DECIMAL money system

         I suspect it's because it's OUR system, as opposed to the
metric system being somebody else's system being pushed to
us.  Nobody ever like to be told they have to use somebody else's system.

>(can any Americans imagine paying for something in 1/8fractions of a
>dollar or pound)

         The stock market worked in eighths until fairly recently.

         7 3

KD5XB -- Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
Quoting from the Coast Guard: ZUT