[aprssig] ARISS, quadrifilar helicoidal antenna

KEVIN KIBBE kkibbe at rogers.com
Mon Sep 10 18:49:40 UTC 2007

Anyone using a quadrifilar helicoidal antenna on 2m for satellite APRS? How about mobile?

I was able for the first time to digi through ISS but wasn't able to decode any transmissions. I'm using a 1/2 antenna on my rag top Jeep and need something better. Perhaps a band pass filter and a preamp would be enough but a QFH might be the answer... Maybe a little goofy on my Jeep but who cares how it looks :-). I've seen them on sail boats for 137MHz.

Kevin
VA3SU