[aprssig] Lat. / Long. Expressions

Jan T. Pharo la2bba at jpharo.net
Tue Sep 11 19:10:28 UTC 2007

Gerry Creager <gerry.creager at tamu.edu>, Tue, 11 Sep 2007 12:05:51

>Realize that within the APRS community there is a normative approach
>(although I'd hesitate to call it a "standard" in the formal sense) that
>should be followed, else someone else will tell you how wrong you are.

That's how it is, isn't it :-)

Anyway, as the position packets you receive (and send) are in one
particular format: degrees, minutes-and-decimal minutes and N, E, S or
W, (like OZ1DIT: 5657.96NT00843.95E#)regardless of how you set up your
GPS or your APRS application, one can as well use that format (also
used in NMEA)

73 de Jan, LA2BBA
Hvaler, Norway