[aprssig] Lubbock Paths?

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Mon Sep 17 13:36:32 UTC 2007

At 07:00 AM 9/17/2007, Robert Bruninga wrote:
>Actually, I think we were misslead by the web page that made no
>mention of WIDE2-2.  Looking at FINDU centered on Lubbock, It
>appears that Lubbock has an excellent set of digis and they
>appear to be properly configured
>For New-N.
>It looks like surrounding areas are still using "N" digis that
>have not been fully updated with settings, but they do support
>WIDEn-N.  So, it looks like there is no problem at all.  Its
>just the wording on the original web page that seemed to imply
>that WTX2-2 was the only recoemmnded path was missleading.
>End of drill.

         Not quite!

         The digis that you see near Lubbock -- W5LBB-6 and W5LBB-4
-- are both on UHF, according to their beacons.  Someone travelling
through the area on 144.39 will never see them.  I had no idea
they're there, and I go through (or close to) Lubbock at least once a
week.  If W5LBB-3 has such a great range, then I guess it doesn't matter.

         7 3

KD5XB -- Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
Quoting from the Coast Guard: ZUT