[aprssig] WIDE-3-3 & MYPOS

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 20:37:03 UTC 2007

    Be careful there.   As well as all the "It's not
an ACK" comments...  [sounds like something Arnold S.
would say]    It is also not an indication that you
made it to an IGate either.
   It indicates that your radio heard, and decoded,
its own packet - from *any* digi.
   I think it is safe to say that you should be
getting _some_ of these while enroute, but don't
expect them 100% of the time.  You'll also get some
doubles and an ocassioan tripple Bee-Boop when you're
in range and decoding more than one digi (much less
with the new WIDE paradigm).

I like to call this an Echo to distinguish it from am
ACK (which you can get with messages).  WIth the Beep
set to MINE it becomes an "Echo Coo-Coo".   (;-)

73, Steve, K9DCI