[aprssig] Need Path Mentoring

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Sep 25 18:31:17 UTC 2007

The most importnt thing in PM's is to have the RADIO MENU item

If it is on, then everythng you change always changes your PM's
and you do not get the advantage of a PM rememebring anything
other than what you last just changed.

By having AUTOM-PM-STORE-OFF, then nothing gets re-written into
the PM's unless you do the MP-SAVE yourself.  There are two very
important APRS settings that are not in the APRS MENU:

(Im doing those by memory so I hope I got them right)...

Gunter Brandt
> Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 11:46 AM
> To: TAPR APRS Mailing List
> Subject: Re: [aprssig] Need Path Mentoring
> Jan T. Pharo skrev:
> > "Robert Bruninga" <bruninga at usna.edu>, Thu, 20 Sep 2007
> > -0400:
> >

> >> Your D700 can have 5 different permanently saved paths. One
> >> Each PM.  If you shift around from PM to PM, you might be
> >> inadvertantly using some paths you did not intend to use.
> >>

> > Oh?
> > I can store different other settings in different PMs, but I
> > tried to store different paths with different PMs and did
> not succeed;
> > this is a problem when passing country borders (or going
> into regions)
> > where the expected unproto paths are different. Like, when
> I recently
> > were to a long weekend in Germany (DL), I were driving
> through SM and
> > OZ, and OZ doesn't support WIDEn-N at all, but only
> > and in Sweden the digis seem to support both systems (as I
could see
> > my track in aprs.he.fi while using the danish setup). It had
been a
> > good thing to only switch PM to use the new setting set. So
I might