[aprssig] APRS Local Repeater Info

Bernard Tyers bernard.tyers at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 14:53:05 UTC 2007

On 26 Sep 2007, at 16:38, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> The intent is to beacon the best receommended repeater for a
> visitor to make local contact.  These packets are local direct.
> But if there is not that much local QRM on the APRS channel, and
> it is hard to choose one, then you can advertise more than one
> by using different digipeaters.
> We use KPC-3+ TNC's over here so there is only one BEACON
> possible per digi.  That is why we receompend putting in the
> best one and leave it at that.

Hi Bob,

Ok, thanks for the explanation.

I guess now the only thing to decide is which repeater to beacon ;)
I'll leave that to other people better versed in diplomacy :D
(ARC member "hea why is our repeater not beaconing". -- Reponse
"maybe you guys should set-up a digi to beacon your repeater!")

Thanks again.

Bernard Tyers
bernard.tyers at gmail.com