[aprssig] D710 standalone control head!

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 30 18:03:50 UTC 2007

Interesting...  So, if the link between the control head and the radio itself used something like Yeasu's CAT or ICOM's CI-Bus, or (what does Kenwood use??), then the head could control a number of rigs.  Come to think of it, it should be possible to build a little converter box to translate whatever protocol it does use into the rig control protocol for other rigs.  Anybody know what the head-to-rig chit-chat looks like?

Greg  KO6TH   (wishing my Alinco DR610 would die so I could justify one of these...)