[aprssig] RELAY gets through WIDEn-N Don't ?

Phillip zl2tze at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 8 19:47:15 UTC 2008

       I sent this to a user here in NZ wanting to know why he is using the
following and would he try the new n-N
Please note NZ is 95 % New Paradigm n-N there are 5 users in the North
Island that
use a mix of OLD and NEW.
You currently have the following unproto Mobile path
The new paradigm has now removed the following TRACE,WIDE,RELAY and
replaced these with WIDEn-N
The old RELAY has been replaced with WIDE1-1,
I am wondering if you would be prepared to try the following for a 48 hour
If you are willing to try these settings please let me know so I can track
your progress, I assure you that if your digi and the stations around you
have implimented the new paradigm n-N you will make it to  xxxxx  all the
South Island now use this and no-one has reported
any problems.
Thanks for taking the time to read this
73 Phillip
-------Original  Answer from a user --------
> Hi I found that not using relay didn't get through to aprs.if which I use
often. THe enw paradigm is used in NA which is very crowded..not >like we
are here..We only have a handfull of stations in AK and evn fewer in the
rest of the place. If I find it gets thru without that then I may >try it