[aprssig] Symbol set revisions

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Thu Apr 17 22:30:07 UTC 2008

What effect is this flood of proposed symbol
changes/re-assignments/overlays going to have on the Kenwood APRS radios?

I assume we can make them encode most of the new symbols if you select
"Other" in the symbol-select dialog and then enter the letter or number
from an APRS symbol "cheat sheet".   Not to mention that I don't think
many mobiles will want to show up as a fog bank, severe wind or other
weather report.

I am wondering what will happen when these radios RECEIVE posits with
currently unused symbol codes and heretofor unused overlay codes
embedded in APRS posits.....

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   World Digipeater Map

JavAPRS Filter Port 14580 Guide