[aprssig] Re: ADS-B to APRS Server

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat Apr 26 03:35:26 UTC 2008

Andrew Rich wrote:
> I have written an ADS-B to APRS server.
> ADS-B is tracking for aircraft.
> It runs on LINUX, and uses perl
> A socker server listens for connections on port 10151, then
> establishes a connection to the ADS-B stream.
> Packets are then formed into something that APRS can understand.
> You can try it, you should see planes flying around Brisbane.
> Simply add "vk4tec.no-ip.org" as an aprs server, and the port is "10151"
> No need to login, actually it just ignores anything sent
> Please have a go and let me know if you get it to work for you.

I've logged into it with APRSpoint and have created some maps.  Works
just like a "real" APRS server in APRSpoint, an APRS client program
based on Microsoft MapPoint.     I have thrown up a quick page on my
wa8lmf.net  website with some screen caps at:

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   World Digipeater Map

JavAPRS Filter Port 14580 Guide

Symbols Set for UI-View,