[aprssig] distributed findu possible ?

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Sat Aug 9 21:36:57 UTC 2008

Actually, in the old days the APRS IS worked fine in a browser. You
could do the URL like

When the stream began flowing it was displayed line by line. It does
not work on the core and most other APRS IS hubs because the ports
wait for a filter string and/or a validation string before turning on
the data. Now, you just see the server message as it waits, then gives
up and closes the connection

# javAPRSSrvr 3.14b04
# javAPRSSrvr 3.14b04 9 Aug 2008 21:33:01 GMT CORE-2
# javAPRSSrvr 3.14b04 9 Aug 2008 21:33:21 GMT CORE-2
If you hunt around you might find a port that still dishes up the

Steve K4HG