[aprssig] Fuel Stops

John Ronan jronan at tssg.org
Tue Aug 12 11:44:45 UTC 2008

On 12 Aug 2008, at 10:59, k4rjj at bellsouth.net wrote:

> If it's something that the APRS community wants on the radio.  See
> also http://www.atlantagasprices.com
Heh, well "I" want it on the radio, in the areas I tend to drive
in :) (Tragedy of the commons anyone?) Which really isn't that big an
area, so I was thinking the cheapest 5 or 10 stations in each area,
once every hour or so.

We weren't sure if anyone wanted Irish weather data either but now if
we removed it, we'd be shot.

We inject the weather into ireland.aprs2.net so only our (2)
configured igates send it out to RF.
> I personally think it's a waste of radio bandwidth but it might be
> good for the APRS-IS

When the variation can be 15% in 5-10 miles, it can be worth it, but
your point is taken
> As long as he understands that his feed cannot have any commercial
> messages even those promoting his web page.

All he would be doing is giving me the data.  Obviously I'd say where
the feed is from "pumps.ie" but thats all.

John Ronan <jronan at tssg.org>, +353-51-302938
Telecommunications Software &  Systems Group,  http://www.tssg.org