[aprssig] KPC-3+ KISS mode delayed packet issue?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Dec 19 18:52:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> KD7NM near me has the same problem periodically.  Power-cycling the
> TNC fixes it for him too.  He's running it in KISS mode with Xastir.
> It's happened at least 2 or 3 times that I can recall, but seems to
> take months to reappear.
> It could be that a KISS frame END character gets missed or
> corrupted, requiring a new KISS frame to come through to supply it,
> but then that one gets stuck because of not enough framing
> characters, awaiting the next packet to come through, etc.
> It could also be a memory leak or counters overflowing and losing
> track.  Could be all kinds of things.

Is anyone interested in an open-source replacement that would run on
KPC3+ hardware?  I happen to know where to find an HC11
cross-compiler for Linux and a GPL'ed library to get started with...

I don't have time/energy to do this myself, but perhaps a largish
group could accomplish it, perhaps with GPL'ed code thrown in from
the digi_ned and opentracker/tracker2 projects?

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com