[aprssig] Field station

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Fri Dec 19 22:48:23 UTC 2008

Byon Garrabrant wrote:
> Actually, I have a new Alpha firmware that is like a KISS TNC, but
> also includes a UI TNC like protocols.  So you setup the MYCALL, DEST,
> PATH, etc, and then anything you send to it, with a CR/LF termination,
> will be sent.  When UI packets are received, they are sent to serial
> like a TNC in converse monitor mode, such as: N6BG>CQ:Testing!<CR>
> Byon

Aha!   This is going to be of real interest to the APRSpoint users since
APRSpoint lacks KISS support.

This has been an ongoing issue on the APRSpoint mailing list.    I have
been recommending that they use AGWpe as middleware between TT4s and
APRSpoint since APRSpoint DOES support the AGW DDE interface, and AGW
works directly with KISS TNCs.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

World Digipeater Map

JavAPRS Filter Port 14580 Guide