[aprssig] Strange Goings-on With WXSVR -- What's Happening??

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sun Dec 28 01:44:09 UTC 2008

I took my APRS UIview websever down for about 12 hours yesterday to do
some major patching and updating of the OS and drivers.  When I
restarted it about 1:00 AM Pacific time and reconnected to
second.aprs.net:14580  ,    no WXSVR data for the NWS overlays on my US
map at:

seemed to be coming from the server.  However, a continuous flow of
stuff apparently gated by "WXSVR-AU" which appeared to refer to places
in Australia WAS showing up in my raw data stream.      I had made no
changes in my filter port settings; i.e. was still using the *t/n*
filter port switch.

Is someone testing a future work-alike to the NWS overlays for

Some hours later, the usual US feed of WXSVR data for the US shape file
overlays resumed.

What's going on ???

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

World Digipeater Map