[aprssig] Another Bootlegger Using APRS As a Commercial AVL System ???

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sun Dec 28 21:32:09 UTC 2008

Steve Dimse wrote:
> Searching findU's logs for the last 7 days up to 12/26 reveals a
> single request for a web page for ETI-1 from a computer on swbell, so
> IF (and it is a big if) this is a bootlegger he is not using findU as
> the internet side of his AVL.
> Steve K4HG

That was probably me, after I saw the odd call on my live off-the-air
map on my UIwebserver!

My ISP is "ATT/Yahoo Internet" formerly "SBC"  formerly "Southwestern
Bell" formerly "Pacific Bell" a.k.a."PacBell".    Have you ever noticed
how the old domains, router names, etc tend to stick around behind the
current  "nom-du-jour"  forever after the endless mergers, acquisitions
and company name changes in the telecomm business???

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

World Digipeater Map

JavAPRS Filter Port 14580 Guide

Symbols Set for UI-View,