[aprssig] Voice Alert Travelers...

Charles Doughtie n5exy at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 16:23:42 UTC 2008

--- Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:

> It is not fair to be transmitting VOIce Alert PL (CQ
> on all your
> packets) if you are not listening by ear with CTCSS
> 100 for
> calls!
> Bob, WB4APR

I agree. I no longer respond to voice alert pings in
metro areas. I wait for them to call me. I must
admit, however, that I have left the car parked with
voice alert active. I resolved this (sort of) by
programming an adjacent memory without the tone
and move to it when unattended but I wish to still
send my location. And, try not to forget!

So, how can we educate these otherwise well-meaning

de Charlie, N5EXY, EM10fl,
South Suburban Greater Hutto