[aprssig] APRS DOS a time for change?

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat Jan 12 03:19:48 UTC 2008

Mark Sproul wrote:
> Rich
> Please send me a list of what you see needs to be implemented in WinAPRS
> Mark
For starters:

1)    The displayable symbol set is over a decade out of date.     I
have been distributing updated replacement APRS symbol sets in formats
for other programs that store the symbol set as external graphics.   I
was unable to do a version for WinAPRS since the symbols are embedded
inside the main executable.     If you have a preferred format, I can
reformat and supply you one of my existing layouts of the current "Rev
H" symbol set.

   Updated "Rev H" APRS            http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/APRS_symbols.htm
   Symbols Set for UI-View,
   UIpoint and APRSplus:

2)    KISS TNC support so that the new breed of low-cost KISS-only TNCs
such as TNC-X or TinyTrak 4 (or the MixW soundcard softmodem) could be

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   World Digipeater Map

JavAPRS Filter Port 14580 Guide