[aprssig] Com port sharing utility

Rich Garcia k4gpsc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 01:02:17 UTC 2008

2 comm ports, surely you must be kidding ?

Does anyone make a laptop with a comm port anymore ? I have
a handfull of USB dongles but I hate them. Claude is lucky to
have one serial port. We just purchased 20 laptops at work and
of all the ones we checked only one had a honest to goodness serial port.
Go figure the one laptop that was not approved by our IT for

Everything from here on in has got to be USB or use a USB dongle, the serial
port is going just like the 286. Few and far between, BTW if anyone
has a 286 laptop they are ready to trash give me a call. I can use one
for my old Motorola software. Once my old 286 desktop goes so does my
ability to program most of the radios.