[aprssig] APRS 6m MeteorScatter net
bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jan 18 17:36:00 CST 2008
APRS 6m Meteor Scatter:
It looks like we have located maybe 50 of these 6m radios.
These are 100 watt mobiles. Two kinds:
* 70-0375C's (smaller)
* 0520CWB's? (bigger but with VHF cross link built in)
Again, my thinking is the worlds largest diversity receiver for
APRS meteor scatter emergency messaging. Would be an order of
magnitude better performance than any one station can achieve.
Althought they need 22 amps for transmit, they only draw 0.5
amps on receive which is all we need most of the time at the
Only problem is they are in Florida, and the cost of shipping is
more than the radios. As we try to figure out what to do about
all this, it would be nice to know some things:
1) who else would be interested in one of these?
2) who else has old 6m gear they could XTAL to this freq?
3) who of these then normally runs an Igate?
4) Do prospectives have room for a 100' long wire antenna?
Cost per radio estimated to be under $100 working with control
heads and mic.
Private replies to wb4apr at amsat.org and I will summarize.
More information about the aprssig