[aprssig] CQ Server operational question

Randy Allen ka0azs at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 3 19:07:18 UTC 2008

Doug Ferrell wrote:
>   The best way for it to work (IMHO) would be a CALLSIGN dupe. That way if
> you were just pinging along in a parking lot, 2 callsigns in 30 seconds
> would digi only once.

Just so long as the algorithm is using the full callsign including SSID
to ensure that, for instance, if my home and my mobile (-7) both beacon
within 30 seconds I don't lose the mobile beacon as a dupe.

It might be obvious, but I'm not that familiar with the details of the
dupe checking process in digipeaters and just wanted to make sure it
wasn't missed.

Randy Allen, KAØAZS