[aprssig] VX-8R

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 19:23:15 UTC 2008

d a r n.  keep forgetting to reply - group...

Ya gotta remember to Google... However, what will it *really* have ??  No leaks yet..

I found this PRELIMINARY information on  SM0OFV's  RigPix web
site with the same low resolution pix everyone is circulating:

Universal Radio also had the pix, but zero info.

 Yaesu must be convinced that APRS is on the rise to continue a
full program – then, if they have re-loadable firmware, perhaps they
can develop a D-Star load, just in case....

I left out the unknown specs.

Yaesu VX-8R

Quad band HT!

Frequency range:    FM TX: 50-54 / 144-148 / 222-225 / 440-450 MHz (USA)

RF Power output:    Hi: 5   /   5   /   1.5   /   5 W

RX: General Coverage wider than VX-7  (Cellular blocked)

Dual receive (V + V or U + U )

CTCSS/DCS Encode & Decode

Independent AM/FM broadcast receiver ( WFM simultaneous with Ham)

APRS 1200/9600 bps (B band only)

Weather Receiving with Weather Alert

Barometric sensor

General Coverage "Wideband Receive" (wider than VX-7).

Memory name up to 16 characters

Hi-Rez Spectrum Analyzer ±60 channels

Time domain display (I think this means O-scope) of received modulation

Submersible IPX57  (3 feet for minimum of 30 minutes)

7.4 V 1100 mAh Lithium Ion battery

AA battery pack

Bluetooth hands-free support (BU-1 and BH-1 or BH-2)

GPS unit and antenna with added features

73, Steve, K9DCI