[aprssig] HAMFEST objects on APRS!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jul 11 19:13:50 UTC 2008

Come on APRS!

Surely we can put HAMFEST objects on the map to help alert and
remind our fellow hams of such important upcoming events!  I
just checked, and not a single HFEST is showing.  There is one
HAMFEST object, but it is in New Zealand!

Please use this format for the name of your HAMFEST object:
Use the "\h" symbol which is a bright red object...

This not only makes them stand out on the map, but also includes
the DATE (dd) in the object name to make it clear this is a
future object.  The "x" on the end makes it unique so that FINDU
can find them all:

For details of this format, see the LOCAL INFO page about 30%
down the slider:

It's the season, lets show what APRS can do...