[aprssig] tactical call identifier packet

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jul 23 14:33:03 UTC 2008

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Wes Johnston wrote:

> Could we create a new packet type that would force the display of
> a tactical callsign instead of an object's real callsign?

APRS+SA already has such a packet.  One APRS+SA system can send it
to others to set the same tactical calls on all APRS+SA listening
stations.  I had intended to implement this in Xastir at some point.
I believe it's on our feature request list somewhere.  Search on

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com