[aprssig] Simplifying Europe to traceable WIDEn-N

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Jun 9 02:48:40 UTC 2008

> So, why is it that TRACE(with n-N) is such
> a bad word to use as a_trace_able parameter?

Very simple.

Because we do not need both WIDEn-N and TRACEn-N systems.  We only need one.  There is no reason for two.  And since most of the world is already using WIDEn-N, then it makes sense to eliminate TRACEn-N as the least impact on most users.

Then we have one system and it requires the least change by the most people.  Very simple.