[aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 48, Issue 11

Rich Garcia k4gpsc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 01:05:34 UTC 2008

I don't normally check e-mails that have the digest line in the subject but
I just did on a whim.

Some may not be aware but if you have no internet connection and out of
radio range this router is really "killer" for the home, mobile or Incident

You can connect a USB Air Card or various tethered phones and establish
either a WiFi connection or have a LAN port feeding a switch. I use both
features. The router mounted in the back of the truck with an outdoor
antenna is out of the way but floods the car and any restaurant while I am
on the road traveling with a good internet connection.

At home I live in a very rural area with no cable or DSL, I have a poor view
of the Southern sky and would not even think of Hughes or WildBlue even if I
had a good view. I have it mounted on the 3rd floor of the house with a
small antenna outside of the window connected to my USB AirCard and it feeds
a CAT5 connection back to the basement where I have a 24 port switch.

Cradle Point has come out with several other router versions since I
purchased the 350 but it does the job, some of the new versions may have
other more advanced features.

Hurricane Ranch
Sharon SC