[aprssig] CQ Field Day!

Randy Allen ka0azs at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 21 01:21:17 UTC 2008

Another question.  FINDU message page

Shows multiple messages "from" me to other stations.  That's the
CQSERVER sending my message out to everyone that's signed in, correct?

KA0AZS 	 CQSRVR 	 06/21 01:05:19z 	 CQ FD CQ FD Testing{1J}
CQSRVR 	 KA0AZS 	 06/21 01:05:19z 	 4 messages sent to FD
KA0AZS 	 LA3QMA 	 06/21 01:05:19z 	 CQ FD Testing

Randy Allen wrote:
> I just tried it from my home station.
> Findu shows that my message got to the server, but as of now, 8 min
> later, no reply on my RF station (it is on the FINDU page).
> So apparently my local I-Gate isn't porting message traffic to RF? Or
> does the server only send the reply once and maybe it got lost in a
> collision on RF?
> At any rate, set up to play with this on Field Day.  Call then will be
> clubs, WC8OH.
> 73
> Robert Bruninga wrote:
>> CQ FD.  Log on now and try it.  I'm there now...
>> Just send APRS message to CQSRVR.
>> First words are CQ FD CQ FD testing, etc...
>> Send one every half hour if you like...
>> Bob

Randy Allen, KAØAZS