[aprssig] N4243B is Back!

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat May 3 04:58:49 UTC 2008

Jim KU0G wrote...

> Now he's in San Diego which is EXACTLY where Mr. Flippen told me on
> the phone he was located. The latest position is as of 4/30/08 at
> 15:17:55Z.
> His beacon text says "Suck It". This tell me that he is DELIBERATELY
> operating in defiance of FCC regulations.
> It is now time for a formal complaint to be filed with FCC.

I would say a definite yes. You went out of your way to contact him and
explain the legalities. After that, I am sure many people were willing
to give him the benefit of the doubt while he shut it down or got a

Position of N4243B --- 5.3 miles northeast of Chula Vista, CA ---
Report received 2 days 10 hours 11 minutes 47 seconds ago
Raw packet: N4243B>3R3YUW-1,N6EX-4*,qAo,KB6TWC-3:`,Wel!h^/"5H}Suck It

As of April 19, it was running around all over the place in Smith Falls
Arkansas. The same for April 20 and 21. For April 30, there is just a
single position report, but with the "suck it" comment, I would say it's
the last straw. Turn him in.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH