[aprssig] path from IGate to server(s)...

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Sun May 4 02:28:53 UTC 2008

The definition of the q algorithm is found at http://www.aprs-is.net/q.aspx

The 92E5A2B6 and A55B8C1C are the IP addresses from where the packet was received ( (THIRD) and (FIRST)) by a server.  This is because a server doesn't know the callsign-SSID of the server they are connected to (just like a client doesn't know the callsign-SSID of the server it is connected to).  This is a limitation of the original APRS-IS design and how the q algorithm accounts for it.

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net