[aprssig] Parallel Port PIC programming Help

Phillip zl2tze at yahoo.com.au
Sun May 4 21:13:46 UTC 2008

I am looking for some help with the programming of 16f628a PIC

PC is a Toshiba 2140 CDS laptop running WIN2000 Pro
I have a FoxDelta PIC Parallel programmer pre assembled
I have tried WINPICPROG V 1.95 beta and Oshonsoft software and have asked
both questions
with no results  the beta version is for the (a version chip )

I have the parallel port driver loaded

I am trying to up grade to aprs tracker code V0 11

Reason for upgrade is that the FD version has no Altitude showing and I feel
that the smart beaconing rate is to slow for our road speed
and is more suited to EU

I have tried every thing on the above software sites and tried all the
different combinations of settings
I have replaced the 74HC14 chip on the PIC board checked voltages etc
Started with 13.8 Vlts regulated up to 18vlts
How do I tell if the PIC is damaged internally ?

Is there anyone using a Parallel programmer if so what program are you using

Any Help suggestions appreciated

73 Phillip