[aprssig] GPRS

Michael Carey michaelcarey at internode.on.net
Mon May 19 12:46:20 UTC 2008

I think it is due to it connecting directly (via a GPRS internet
connection) to the worldwide APRS system via the APRS-IS system. If you
have a validated connection to an APRS server, your position frames can
be gated to RF. I suppose an un-licenced person could use it, but
without validation their positions will only be visible to net connected
APRS users.
A private user could also set up their own javAPRSSrvr and make their
own private APRS network with EYTrakers totally separate to the amateur

On the web page there is a big fat note stating