[aprssig] APRS data mining
bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Nov 6 13:24:29 CST 2008
There is so much APRS data that we are ignoring.
Imagine the usefulness during an emeregency call up, of being
able to correlate all kinds of things from the APRS data bases:
1) Where is his home?
2) Where does he work? Where is his church?
3) Where else does he go?
4) What is his routine route?
5) Who else does he associate with?
6) What are his work hours
7) What are his top N locations?
8) Who are his friends? (messages?)
9) Is he on his routine?
10) Is he far from his routine? How far?
11) What is the weather on him right now?
12) What emergency items are near him?
All of these are readily availble by simply correlating all the
existing data and applying some hueristics.. A great student
project, or Big Brother project...
Just a thought.
More information about the aprssig