[aprssig] "Blind" APRS

Jan T. Pharo la2bba at jpharo.net
Sat Nov 8 21:57:52 UTC 2008

(followup - I forgot to comment on this one)

Steve Noskowicz <noskosteve at yahoo.com>, Sat, 8 Nov 2008 09:59:46 -0800

>  For truly universal speech, you may be correct.  In your native language do you naturally speak digits, or the equivalent of what I am talking about:  7150 "seventy one fifty " ??

I say "sju en femti" when referring to a frequency, and
"sjutusenetthundreogfemti" if referring to the number as such. But if
I was to hear someone with a language backgroun other than nordic or
english to speak a number, I'd prefer to have the digits separately.
Probably operators with only little use of english after school would
prefer that, as well.

73 de Jan, LA2BBA
Hvaler, Norway