[aprssig] iPhone Pages on findU

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Sun Oct 26 01:15:37 UTC 2008

As part of my application on the iPhone to send position to findU, I
have done a few new pages optimized for the iPhone and iPod touch.

near and radar also take lat lon or zip code,

The last is especially useful for non-hams that want to look at the
NWS radar, and is the hook I'm using to try to get it past Apple this

If you look at this radar on a regular browser it will seem quite
large. The iPhone automatically scales pages to fit the display so it
looks normal. However, you can pinch and zoom to see detail you'd
otherwise miss on the small screen.

Steve K4HG